Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Support operations by maintaining high on-stream time for processing equipment. Focuses the I&E and Mechanical staff’s efforts on planned work, preventative maintenance (PM) and demand maintenance (DM). Provides leadership in maintaining a highly functional DCS to support plant productivity. Works cooperatively with others to maximize the effectiveness of the maintenance staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet with the Operations Manager regularly to prioritize work requests.
- Schedule resources to complete work orders accordingly.
- Maintain a high completion percentage and low backlog on PM.
- Work with operations to coordinate planned work during scheduled plant shutdowns.
- Maintain a clean and well organized shop.
- Provide off-hour emergency contact for operational need.
- Provide leadership and effective use of vendors and other outside resources in resolving technical issues.
- Provide primary technical interface with electrical service provider and assure that electrical quality and transformer/switchgear reliability are adequate to support consistent plant operations.
- Develop and maintain a high level of functionality from the DCS control system by:
Quick response to system problems
Effective interface with vendor resources
Continually improving I&E group programming experience
Maximize utilization of system capabilities
Strategic implementation of I/A programming upgrades
- Assure performance of critical ancillary systems including: fire protection systems, diesel electrical generators and heat tracing systems.
- Supervise the inventory control, shipping and parts procurement processes to assure.
The Administration group is provided accurate and timely accounting for purchases and inventory for monthly financial reports.
Parts and materials inventories are optimized while providing necessary components to respond to maintenance needs.
The purchase and updating of handling equipment and rolling stock as necessary.
- Promote safe work behavior within group by example and maintaining safety awareness in daily activities.
- Provide an annual budget of mechanical, and I & E needs, costs, labor and priorities and project planning
- Develop and maintain mechanical resources and labor from responsive and cost-effective contractors.
- Facilitate training of personnel to continually develop specialty instrumentation and DCS programming skills.
- Assist other groups in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Participate in addressing plant-wide issues as a member of the management group.
- Promotes and supports a clean and safe workplace.
- Consistently is at work and on time.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Acts professionally and treats others with respect and consideration.
EXEMPT EMPLOYEES EXPECTATIONS
Expected work week is Monday – Friday or 5 days per week with an expectation of 40 hours per week.
Tasks are to be complete and continually being improved upon.
Directs the work of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Maintains confidentiality and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree from two year college in a related technical field or certificate or diploma from trade school in related field and/or 5 years experience in the maintenance and/or operation of process manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of ethanol plants, chemical plants, or refinery maintenance preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.