Job Title: Utility Operator
Reports To: Operations Manager
12 hour rotating shifts which include day & night shift and every other weekend. This entry level position will be trained in the ethanol process and assist in all plant operations. Possibility of advancement. CVEC is offering an exciting work environment with competitive wages and compensation package.
Utility Operator supports Operations by performing various routine process tasks and housekeeping duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for safe unloading of process chemicals and other plant supplies.
- Must develop a basic knowledge of process flows and equipment locations and functions.
- Assists with process sample collection and various lab duties.
- Must have good understanding of standard operating procedures related to making/sending yeast props, cleaning fermenters, CIPing heat exchangers.
- Responsible for cleanliness of assigned housekeeping area as well as immediate cleaning needs due to process upsets.
- Must learn job duties, procedures and equipment operation related to Dryer and Boiler areas. Responsible for logging all boiler training hours.
- Promotes and supports a clean and safe workplace.
- Assists with loadout of ethanol, DDGS, wetcake and syrup when needed.
- Consistently is at work and on time.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Acts professionally and treats others with respect and consideration.
- Responsible for various and sundry special projects as directed by manager.
- Must safely operate Forklift, Skidsteer, Payloader etc
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Utility Operator will need the ability to write routine reports and the necessary correspondence. Utility Operator will need the ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent as required.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This person will need the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: This person will be required to obtain Minnesota Special License and work towards achieving Minnesota 1st Class B Boiler License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The individual needs to climb stairs and ladders. The individual will be required to lift 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work in 90º F to -20º F temperatures, work on up to 80’ high platforms and work in confined spaces. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.